Kia Ora Everybody!
Since a few weeks, we have a new INTERNeX PR Team, and we thought that today would be the right day to introduce ourselves to you all so that you know who you are talking to via e-mail and Facebook! This year, the PR Team does not consist of 2 interns, but 3! And we are now introducing ourselves!
My name is Esmerlin Cepeda and I am a 23 year young girl that was born in the Caribbean on a little Island called the Dominican Republic. Even though I have lived almost my entire live in the mostly cold but very friendly Netherlands, I enjoy going back to my motherland every year and discover the unique places.
My parents have always encouraged me to discover the world, learn more about cultures and build new friendships with people who speak different languages. They have always support me when it comes to making my own decisions and that is why I am here on the other side of the world called New Zealand.
For my studies, International Leisure Management at the NHTV university of Breda, it is a part of your graduation track to go on an international internship of seven months in total and work for company in your working field. I choose Internex, because it is not just making sure that our costumers are located somewhere on a farm, home stay family or New Zealand company. It is about engaging with them, learn them about the amazing culture of the inhabitants and becoming their friend. It is even more fantastic to show them what New Zealand has to offer and building memories together to take back home.
My personal goals for this journey is to learn of course more about how it is to work for a foreign company which mostly focusses on interacting with foreigners. I also want to develop my self on different aspects to become a better team player and eventually have the ability to take on the role of a great, efficient and respected project leader in the future. But overall I just go with the flow to collect awesome memories and adventures work wise and on a personal level.
Joyce de Ruiter
My name is Joyce and I am 19 years old. For the next coming months, I will call New Zealand my home. For now I am already enjoying it a lot, and I hope you will too.
I am a student in Leisure Management back in the Netherlands, and I am working for INTERNeX as part of my internship. Together with the rest of the team, we hope we can make your stay here unforgettable. We will be helping you out with booking trips, activities and any issues regarding to your stay here. I hope you learn a lot during your farmstay/internship, and that I learn a lot from working for INTERNeX .
Now a bit about myself. I live on my own now in Breda, but I am born and raised in Arnhem. A town famous for its role in world war II. I love to play field hockey with my friends, and to go out in the weekends. Besides that I am kind of a shopping addict. On sunny days I like going to festivals or the park with friends and some drinks.
I hope you will have a great time here in NZ, just like we do already. Looking forward meeting you all!
Hi Everybody! My name is Yoran Draër, and I am an International Leisure Management student in Breda, The Netherlands. I am currently in my third year, and I am doing my internship at INTERNeX New Zealand.
One of my passions in life is to travel, which is one of the main reasons to do my Internship that far from home. The main reason for me to be here, is to keep all of you updated on Facebook and WordPress. Besides that, I am the person you will most probably be talking to if you want to book a trip of any other kind of activity.
My main goal during our Internship is to keep all of you satisfied and to help you as much as possible!
Fun facts about the Netherlands!
Since all the interns are from the Netherlands, we thought it would be nice to have a little list with fun facts about the Netherlands so that you will get to know our culture and way of thinking!
- Our national dish is herring with chopped raw onions and pickles. The Dutch consume approximately 12.000.000 kilograms of herring every year, which means every person eats at least 5 fish.
- 70% of the world’s bacon comes from the Netherlands!
- The highest point in the Netherlands is only 323 meters above sea level. 25% of the Netherlands is below sea level, and 50% of the Netherlands is less than 1 meter above sea level.
- The Netherlands is the first country to legalise same sex marriages in 2001!
- 86% of the population speak English as a second language.
- The Netherlands is the worlds largest exporter of cheese, but secretly we prefer to eat it all by ourselves!
- On average, each person bikes 900KM per year, and we even have special bike paths all over the country! Besides that, we have more thatn 18.000.000 bikes in the Netherlands, which is more bikes than inhabitants!
- On Birthdays, we congratulate everyone at the party, not only the birthday-boy or girl.
- We love putting chocolate sprinkles on our toast. YUMM!
- The Netherlands and Holland are not the same! The Netherlands is the name of our country, but Holland is only a part of the Netherlands. Holland is the western part of the Netherlands where our capital city Amsterdam and other cities such as Rotterdam and The Hague are situated.