While NZ might be full of awesome things to do in winter, for those of us drawn to the heat, a tropical island escape may sound more appealing….
Fiji is an island country located in the South Pacific Ocean, around 4 hours away from New Zealand. It is made up of more than 330 islands – majority of which were formed through volcanic activity. Fiji has long been a popular holiday destinations for Kiwis and those travelling through NZ, with its beautiful beaches, hot weather, friendly local people, easy 3-hour plane journey, and the benefit of being in the same time zone as New Zealand.
We’ve put together a list of why a visit to Fiji should definitely be on your list of things to do during your time in the southern hemisphere:
- It’s close to NZ! Only 3 hours away. How often are you going to be this close to a beautiful south pacific tropical island?
- White sand beaches with hot weather all year round. Need we say more?
- The warm, welcoming nature of the Fijian locals. Fijian people are renowned for their incredibly friendly, welcoming nature.
- Snorkeling and Scuba diving. Fiji provides some of the world’s best snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Hiking – Fiji is home to some lush rainforest trails.
At INTERNeX we work with Awesome Adventures Fiji who provide a huge range of Fiji island hopping adventures and tours. INTERNeX members are also eligible for an exclusive discount if you book your tour through us. To check out the full range of tours available, see http://www.awesomefiji.com. But remember to get in touch with us directly at INTERNeX to book, in order to be eligible for the discount.