Aotearoa, Maori for the land of the long white cloud.
New Zealand is home to some of the most beautiful and breathtaking landscapes in the world. The country is divided into two islands, where 4.6 million people and over 29 million sheep live (yes we have more sheep than people). It is where the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed and home to the best sports team in the world—the All Blacks.
If you’re still trying to decide on your next destination, here are the top 8 reasons why you should choose New Zealand;
- Hikers Paradise: New Zealand has many treks suitable both for newbies and experienced hikers. Both islands offer thousands of options for people who love hiking. The options for sceneries are also very varied, including forests, mountains, valleys, lakes, and rivers.
One of the most appealing characteristics of hiking in New Zealand is that there are no dangerous animals—no poisonous snakes, no deadly spiders, no dengue mosquito. So hike away with beauty and safety (remember to ensure you let someone know where you are going hiking and stick to the designated paths).
2. Beaches: Being an island (two actually), Kiwi’s have easy access to a vast amount of beaches. The country has over 29,000 km of coastline. Even in cities like Auckland, clean, beautiful beaches and ports are widely available, and some can even be accessed via ferry.
3. Incredible Nature: New Zealanders have done their best to preserve the natural habitat of the country. 13 national parks, 3 maritime parks, and hundreds of natural reserves are open for tourists. Moreover, there are several special rivers & lakes, which are protected by the government. In total, around 30% of the country’s land area is protected conservation land. Only here, can a river be considered a “legal person”.
4. Safety: The crime rates here are very low compared to other countries. New Zealand is the fourth safest country in the world.
5. A wide range of touristic offerings: It doesn’t matter whether you have a wide or tight budget—you will find an option that suits your pocket as well as your interests and time. From North to South you will find varied places to visit, so maybe the only difficulty would be to choose which ones!
6. Amazing Road Trips: Renting a car or even a camper van for your road trip is very easy. For backpackers, students, couples, and even entire families, driving around New Zealand for vacations is a popular activity, especially during summer.
7. International Environment: If you want to meet people from all over the world, this is the best place to do so. Auckland, the most populated city in the country, is like a mini New York. It is a cosmopolitan and diverse city where people from all over the world converge.
8. World’s Extreme sports capital: If you are an adrenalin lover, this is the place to be. Kiwis created the first bungee jumping in the world and the range of extreme sports is very interesting, you can choose skydiving, bungee, rafting, caves, zipline, canyoning, and much more.
9. Just happiness: The kiwi attitude is all about being happy and chilled. The fun thing here is that it is contagious.
I’m sure you are convinced now…
Remember INTERNeX can help with all of your travel bookings so get in touch today for more information – email@example.com